The Department of Automobile Engineering was started during the academic year 2009-2010 offering B.E degree programme in Automobile Engineering with sanctioned intake of 65. The department has highly-qualified and well-experienced faculty and staff members of proven ability and administrative skills. Keeping in view of the demand for automobile engineers the department has a vision to enrich the knowledge of students and update the updated technology of automobile engineering. The department has well equipped laboratories that cater to the needs of the students. We are providing an excellent exposure to like well equipped laboratories & workshops through the modern equipments such as latest exhaust gas analyzer, a computerized Two-wheeler engine test rig, modern automotive engine and chassis components etc.
Programmes run by the department are,
- BE- Automobile Engineering
To demonstrate the department and its faculty members serious commitment to the institute’s vision of providing the right ambience and environment to create engineers who will serve the needs and demands of the society.
The mission of the Automobile Engineering Department is The department of automobile engineering of SSIET is committed to the mission of providing good training and guidance with highest level of care to students, conducting innovative research and educating the future leaders with skills in the field of automobile engineering and will also develop a personality with positive attitude and a character with strong moral values.
|PEO 1: To prepare students for successful careers in automotive and ancillary industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.|
|PEO 2: To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to automotive design and to provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.|
|PEO 3: To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.|
|PEO 4: To promote student awareness of the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.|
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological