Computer Science and Engineering department has been running successfully 17 years and has also been accredited by NBA, New Delhi. Over the past few years, the department has acquired national and international importance. This has been achieved by the collective and responsive effort of the faculty, the supporting staff and the students. The department is well equipped with excellent computing facilities, and has highly qualified faculty specialized in areas like Cryptography and Network Security, Multimedia Communications, Wireless Networking, Data Mining etc.
Our Department provides high quality learning environment, in terms of inspiring teachers, State-of-the-art facilities, sharing experience, widening the knowledge horizon, interacting with experts from academic and industry and facilitating the student in the process of growth in the computer field. The Department aims to inculcate profound knowledge and skill in the areas of Computer Hardware and Software Developments. We have excellent lab facilities. Students are always given the best opportunities for independent thinking, which will help them in utilizing their potential creativity. The Department has in total 5 Hi-tech Laboratories housing everything from P-IV Systems with 1GB RAM to Computer based on Intel’s latest Core i3 Processor with 2 GB RAM. The Client machines are connected to various servers from IBM, Acer, Dell & HP powered by Intel’s latest Xeon Processor. Some of the other facilities available are internet through a 45 Mbps leased line from Aircel and industry standard licensed software.
It has also been creating opportunities for pursuing postgraduate programmes in reputed Indian and foreign universities. The Department library has a collection of 500 books on various titles catering to the needs of staff and students. The Computer Science & Engineering department has five full fledged Computer Labs and the facilities include:
- CSE Lab 1
- CSE Lab 2
- ME CSE Lab
- CSE Lab 3
- CSE Lab 4
Programmes run by the department are,
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- To generate Competent Professionals to become part of the Industry at the National and International levels.
- Motivating the Students for Higher Studies for continuous Improvement.
- To create a congenial learning atmosphere for both students and Faculty, enabling them to excel in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To offer good value added course to students for placement purpose.
- To provide job training that supports Campus interview.
- To provide motivation, such that the student should come with innovative ideas.
- To provide mini Projects among students.
- To motivate internship program.
- To create awareness regarding the professional bodies.
- To create forums for interaction between Students, alumni.
- To invite Experts for sharing their knowledge.
- To create a platform to exhibit their projects.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the Mathematical, Scientific and Engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare for them for higher learning.
- To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of the software, understand the technical specifications, design and provide novel engineering solutions and efficient product designs to meet the requirements of Indian and Multinational companies.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired need with in realistic constrains such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- CSI Student Chapter
- Short Term Project work
- IIT – NPTEL Virtual Courses
- IPT/ Internship training in core companies
- Joint submission of R & D proposal to funding agency
- 7 days Employability Campus Residential Training
- MOU with ICTACT to establish Centre of Excellence “Big Data analytics and Data Science”
- Funding consultancy services to various organizations
- Regular University Ranks
- Local Infrastructure provider for Government Exams
- Community Services