ENVISION | EXPLORE | EXCEL
EEE department was established in 1999 with the object to produce professionally competent students for the career in electrical and electronics engineering by providing value-based quality education. The department has a long and proud history as one of the leading institutions for electrical and electronic engineering. Our academic staff have wide-ranging expertise in circuits and systems, communications and signal processing, control and power, intelligent systems and networks, and optical and semiconductor devices. We see educating the next generation of engineers as a key role, and our graduates and post-graduates are highly valued by industry and commerce around the world. Our undergraduate and master’s degrees are aligned to our research strengths, and we are proud of the depth of analytical treatment and the specialised optional subjects we offer within our degree programmes.
- Our graduates will have fundamental technical knowledge and develop core competency in diversified areas of Electrical Engineering with their related software in a view of expanding the knowledge horizon and inculcating lifelong learning among students
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of team on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyse engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To promote student awareness on life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
BE-Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Started in the academic year 1999-2000 with an intake of 60 students.
- ME-Power Electronics and Drives – Started in the year 2006 with an intake of 18
- NBA accredited in the year 2004 for 3 years and applied in 2015 for 2 years
- Intake of BE increased from 60 to 90 in the academic year 2007-2008
- Recognized as Centre for Research in 2015 by Anna University Chennai
- B.E – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E – Power Electronics & Drives
- M.S (By Research) – Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D –Electrical Engineering
Developing into a multidisciplinary, multi-campus technological institution of Excellence in this part of the Globe, providing the right ambience and environment to create Electrical Engineers and Technocrats who serve the needs and demands of society.
- To equip the students with sound technical knowledge and skill in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To motivate and help the students in developing themselves as competent Engineers capable of meeting the demands and challenges of the highly advanced Scientific and Technological field.
- To inculcate in their minds, the importance of life- long learning to sustain their professional competence.
- To instill in them a sense of discipline and spirit of leadership qualities through the noble values of devotion, discipline and politeness to serve the community at large.
- To develop exceptional opportunities for study and research and system of industry – institution interaction, through industry – liaison cells, for students to contribute to our nation’s economic growth.
- To foster an open student – oriented culture and perhaps even more important, an understanding of students, their needs, goals and aspirations
An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired need with in realistic constrains such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- To provide amble guidance to develop communication skills, innovative, scientific and engineering fundamentals.
- To inculcate entrepreneurship through value added courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering which develops technical skills to meet all sort of people in the competitive world.
- To make students to excel and expertise in the field of Electrical and Electronics through teaching etiquettes and professional ethics where in nuances and tactics in technical knowledge will be developed.
- To provide amble guidance to explore an assortment of multidisciplinary innovative projects which will be the base for further research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Centre for Research
- Job Oriented Training
- Solar Project
- Experimental Learning
- Industrial Visits
- Guest Lectures
- Electrical Skills Training
- Digital Library