The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2006.The Department has a team of dedicated, well qualified and experienced faculty which includes professors to provide in depth knowledge and training in the field of Mechanical engineering covering energy, thermal, design, manufacturing, industrial management, and to expose to the latest research, development and techniques so as to cater to the growing needs of the Industries and to mould the students. The department offers an under graduate program B.E.( Mechanical Engineering) and a post-graduate program M.E. (Thermal Engineering). The thermal engineering program has its versatile opportunities to work in areas of thermal design, power plants, oil and gas company, HVAC, thermal management of buildings and in multidisciplinary area.
- BE-Mechanical Engineering
Started in the academic year 2006-2007 with an intake of 60 students. Intake of BE increased to 90 in 2007-2008 and 120 in 2009-2010 and 180 in 2014-2015.Applied for NBA in 2015
- ME-Thermal Engineering
Started in the year 2014-2015 with an intake of 18 students.
To accomplish eminence and become a centre of excellence for higher learning through dedicated development of minds, advancement of knowledge and Professional application of skills to meet the global demands.
- Develop the intellectual strength of students and guiding them towards technical advancement
- Synergise the efforts of department, inspire creativity and foster excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Nurture the development of mind, skill, and attitude and core competence of students.
- Attain leadership in planning and resource management so as to improve the quality and accessibility of technical education.
- Produce graduates, committed to integrity, professionalism and lifelong learning by widening their knowledge horizons in range and depth.
- Enable students shine in their academic pursuits, making them sensitive to the needs of the progressive industrial world.
- Organize a pluralistic and supportive environment that will stimulate scholars, students and staff of the highest caliber and contribute immensely to the process of Nation building through partnership with Community and Industry.
- PEO-1: Our graduates will have fundamental technical knowledge and develop core competency in diversified areas of Mechanical Engineering such as thermal, design and production and their related software with a view to expanding the knowledge horizon and inculcating lifelong learning among students.
- PEO-2: A major fraction of our graduates will pursue advanced studies, research and industrial product development in the field of Mechanical engineering through developing partnerships with industrial and research agencies thereby serving the needs of the industry, government, society and scientific community.
- PEO-3: Our graduates will be capable of building their own careers upon a solid foundation of knowledge and a strong sense of responsibility to serve their profession and society ethically.
- PEO-4: Our graduates will have effective communication and leadership skills and exhibit team work, problem solving and decision making skills by understanding contemporary issues thereby contributing to their overall personality and career development.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired need with in realistic constrains such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Well experienced and qualified teaching faculty.
- Dynamic training and placement cell.
- Industrial oriented skill development programs.
- MOU signed with leading companies and industrial training centers.
- Special audit courses conducted along with curriculum syllabi.
- Well equipped audio/visual room.
- Well equipped laboratories in high standards.
- Internship in tier-1 and tier-2 MNCs.
- DST catalysed and supported project.